Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I open eBooks?
When you download a book from "My Library", simply open the book from the browser download window, and Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) will automatically launch.
If ADE doesn’t launch automatically, start it manually, and then drag your book onto the application icon. Or, choose File > Add to Library to browse for the file on your computer.
When ADE opens your book, it confirms you have permission to read it. The books downloaded from dkoebooks website are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected.
- Can I automatic download of books across devices from My Library?
Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 provides the ability to sync your DRM-enabled books across all your devices. This feature is enabled by default (you can turn it off through Library > Preferences (Windows) or Adobe Digital Editions > Preferences (Mac OS).
- Can I transfer eBooks between computers/ devices?
If you have authorized your computer using an ID, you can copy the book to another computer, run ADE, and authorize with the same ID to open the book.
You can find your books in the My Digital Editions folder in your computer’s documents folder. Locate the book you want to copy, and transfer it to the other computer. On the other computer, double-click the book or drag it into ADE.
Note that highlights and annotations are not copied when items are transferred to another computer.
- What are the important features of ADE?
The important features include:
- EPUBs: For EPUBs, the navigation bar is across the bottom of the screen, consistent with how most eReaders present a book (scrolling left to right like flipping the pages of a book). The Reading menu has an EPUB Text Size submenu for modifying the text size.
- Bookmarks: To create a bookmark for the current page, simply click the Add Bookmark button. To view your list of bookmarks, click the Show/Hide Navigation Panel button. With the navigation panel, you can page through the book and click the plus sign (+) to add new bookmarks. The Option Menu allows you to remove or rename bookmarks.
- Highlights: To highlight text, select the text, right click to choose Highlight from the pop up menu. To view your list of highlights, click the Show/Hide Navigation panel button and then choose the Bookmark tab. With the navigation panel, you can navigate to the position where you added highlight. The Option Menu allows you to remove or rename highlights.
- Notes: To add a note to text, select the text, right click to choose Add Note to Text from the pop up menu, and then input your notes or annotations on the yellow pop up panel. To view your list of notes, click the Show/Hide Navigation Panel button and then choose the Bookmark tab. With the navigation panel, you can navigate to the position where you added a note. The Option Menu allows you to edit, remove or rename notes.
- Search: To search your book, enter text in the top-right text box, or choose Reading > Find on Windows (Edit > Find on Macintosh). The reading panel highlights the found text. To navigate to each instance of a search term, click the left or right arrows on either side of the search box, or choose Reading > Find > Find Next or Find Previous on Windows (Edit > Find > Find Next or Find Previous on Macintosh).
- Whre can I find ADE related FAQs?
- For FAQs on Adobe Digital Editions, please visit: https://www.adobe.com/in/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/faq.html